Having an online presence for your business is vital, but you need to make sure that you are using your site in the most effective manner.
Here are 9 tips for creating an effective and social website.
1. Make sure that you get people onto your site in the first place. You could have the greatest website on the whole of the internet, but if no one sees it, you get no benefit.
2. Make a positive first impression. When people land on a website, you only have around 7 seconds to make a positive impression. If people don t like what they see or they can’t find what they are looking for (or at least find a path to get to where they want to be), there is a very good chance that they will log off your site and look for a site that can provide them with what they are looking for.
3. Back up what you claim. If you boast on social media about being an estate agent guru a local media expert, make sure that there is evidence or testimonials that back up what you claim.
4. Make the process easy. You should always be thinking about ease of user for the user and your navigation should be as simple as possible. If you want people to sign up for an email list, make sure they see this feature when they land. If you require people to trawl through three or four pages before they sign up, the likelihood is that they will not sign up.
5. Make people care. Whatever it is about your business that beats your rivals and ensures that you are the company that people should trust and rely on, make it noticeable. If you want people to choose your firm over all of the competing and rival firms in your sector or area, make sure you provide people with a good reason to do so.
6. Inform people of the other platforms that you have. You should have a number of social media platforms as well as your website, so make sure that people know about where you can be found. By offering a number of chances to communicate and connect with your business, you will increase the likelihood of engaging with your audience. Some people will prefer one social media platform over another, so give people the chance to use what they feel comfortable with.
7. Make sure that all links work. It is actually better to have no links than broken links, so make sure that all links on your site, either internal or external, take the user where they are supposed to.
8. Provide online and offline contact details. While having a social media presence is crucial for estate agents, you want to make sure that you provide contact details for your shop, or at least an email address. If you want to make sure that you give your public as many opportunities of engaging with you as possible, you can’t just think online.
9. Provide a call to action. Estate agents may not think that they can make a sale directly from their site, but you should at least provide a call to action. Even if this is just getting the customer to provide you with contact details, you need to make sure that you give people a reason to engage with you and your site.
Need help with your social media marketing?
Please contact us to take our 14 day FREE trial on 0330 333 6699.
Agent Media UK