You Must Stop People Scrolling – Here’s How!
If you are an estate agent, you must have a social media presence. Your audience is on social media, therefore, if you don’t have a business page and look to connect with people, you could be throwing away a lot of business.
Of course, connecting with people on social media is easier said than done.
Facebook doesn’t want to make it easy for businesses to engage their audience, not when they can make it hard and then offer adverts as a simpler, but costlier, solution.
Also, it isn’t easy getting people to stop and look at your latest posts. If your followers don’t have a problem in quickly scrolling by content from their family members and colleagues, they won’t hesitate to overlook your posts.
So, you must provide people with a reason to stop scrolling, and here are some tips on how you do this.
How to stop people scrolling with video content
If you use video content, and you want to grab people’s attention, the following tips will be of benefit:
- Create square videos – This style of video has a greater presence in people’s newsfeed, so it is more likely to make people stop and see what is on offer
- Use a blurred image at the start – This is a hack you don’t want to overuse, but starting with a blurred image in your video will get people to stop and see what happens when the proper visuals appear
- Grab attention with a shocking effect – You know you don’t have a lot of time to grab attention, so you need to be interesting from the start – effects such as bouncing, shaking or sliding images will jolt people into paying attention
- Use bold graphics and tease information – Don’t be coy on social media, be bold and tease something big or interesting is going to be announced
- Make an offer – Don’t waste time, if you have an offer, make it right away
- Get to the point – Your video should have a hook, and the sooner you get to it, the better your chances of people sticking around
- Animations grab attention – Animations are a fantastic way of grabbing people’s attention and standing out from the crowd
How to stop people scrolling with images
If you use images, and you want to grab people’s attention, the following tips will be of benefit:
- Know the preferred sizes on the platform of your choice – Not all image sizes look great on all social media platforms, so create and share content that is optimised for the timeline
- Use your branded colours and be consistent – You want people to recognise one of your posts straight away, so be consistent with logos, fonts and branding
- Use people – People connect with people, so if you share images that have people in it, you enhance your chances of connecting with people
- Use local places and landmarks – After people, people will connect with places they know, so share images and content from around your local area
- Add some movement – Even if you don’t want to create a video, a little movement goes a long way to engaging your audience. GIFs and cinemographs are fantastic ways to grab attention with images
- Ask a question – If you want engagement, give people a reason to engage with you, and asking a question is the easiest way of achieving this
If you need assistance with creating branded images that stop people scrolling, we can help. Agent Media are social media specialists, and we have helped many estate agents create content that connects.
Our bundles are priced in the following manner:
- 10 images that can be used on Facebook / Instagram / Google My Business / LinkedIn costs £150 + VAT
- 20 images that can be used on Facebook / Instagram / Google My Business / LinkedIn costs £250 + VAT
If you are an estate agent looking to win instructions and gain new clients, you need to harness the capabilities of social media. At Agent Media, we are social media and content specialists, and we are pleased to say we have assisted estate agents and agencies connect with their audience, develop their reputation and gain instructions.
If you want to become the local estate agent people rely on, and ultimately, sell homes in a challenging time, contact us today.